Newsletter Issue 2
Posted on February 07 2016
Summer is almost upon us, therefore in this issue we will focus on good skin care routine to ensure your skin looks amazing before you go to your summer holiday.
Determine your skin type
Normal skin is smooth and firm to the touch with small or medium sized pores. It doesn’t get too dry or too oily.
Dry skin feels very tight and is noticeably flaky in areas. Dry skin can be caused by lack of hydration or malnutrition. Dry skin can look rough and bumpy.
Oily skin is where your face is visibly shiny and feels slightly wet to the touch. Oily skin comes with large pores that are more noticeable and usually is more prone to blemishes.
Combination skin is where you tend to get oily around nose, chin and forehead area and dry around your cheeks. The rest of your skin may be normal.
Sensitive skin is where you burn very easily, have reactions to certain cosmetics and have irritated skin after a dramatic change in weather. Unscented natural products are highly recommended and we do have a good selection to choose from at YNNY.
Cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day (morning and evening). The evening cleaning session will give your skin a chance to heal and breathe overnight rather than being clogged by dirt or make up.
- Wash your hands so you won't be transferring bacteria to your face.
- Wet your skin with warm water to open up your pores. Apply the facial cleanser and massage it into your skin in upwards, circular motions. Some products will work best if you leave it for a minute or so to allow it to dissolve dirt and makeup, and to let it get deep into your pores. During this time, continue to gently rub the cleanser in.
Our unscented 2 in 1 facial cleanser/make-up remover is perfect for this. For oily skin, you might want to use the Organic Lavender floral water toner as this helps to remove excess sebum, as it is a natural cleanser too. With this, you use a cotton wool pad to cleanse your face.
- Next, remove the cleanser with damp cotton pads.
- Finish off by applying a facial toner to the face to close up the pores and prevent dirt getting back into them, and therefore preventing blemishes. It will also leave you looking fresh and less red. For dry and normal skin, we recommend that you use the Organic Rose floral water toner and Organic Lavender floral water toner for combination and oily skin. For acne and spot prone skin, the Lavender and Tea Tree water toner is the most suitable one.
Toner is used to restore your skin's natural pH levels which were probably altered during cleansing. By restoring your skin to its natural pH, you also make it more resistant against bacteria and spots.
- When the toner is dried, apply serum and/or moisturiser for your skin type, gently massaging in a circular motion into your face and neck. This step can NOT be avoided, even if you have an oily skin type (within our range, you can either use the 3 in 1 lotion or the unscented facial cleanser/make-up remover for very oily skin, as it can also be used as a light lotion).
It's especially important for those with dry skin; we highly recommend you use a serum such as Elixir.
- Once or twice a week, you should exfoliate with an exfoliating face mask for your skin type. Exfoliation is essential because it removes dead skin cells which can leave your complexion appearing dull and can clog up pores. For dry and normal skin, we recommend you use the unscented exfoliating face mask with anti-aging properties. People with mild combination skin can use this face mask too. The sandalwood face mask is most suitable for people with oily and combination skin.
We hope you find the above useful and if you have any queries on the above topic or on our products, please do not hesitate to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We launched a new range of artisan cold process soaps early this year due to a rising demand for them. Most of the soaps were sold out back in April but they are back in stock now.
- We had had several fun workshops making soaps, bath bombs and candles in recent months. The next workshop will be for bath bomb on 24th July. We highly recommend that you book early to avoid disappointments. A Christmas extravaganza workshop to make personalised gifts for your loved ones will be held in October and the date is to be confirmed in the summer.
- The premium skin care kit including the anti-aging face mask is now available.
- You can now buy the most popular floral or fruit tea lights as a set of 3 at £3.50 each.
- The new Cherry fragrance candle will be launched in the next few weeks on the website. We have been selling this candle already at craft fairs and it is proven to be very popular with customers.
- Due to request from customers, we now have the unscented candles available on the website.
- We rearranged the skin care products under “Dry & Normal, Combination & Oily and Teenage” skins to make it easier for customers to locate the products they would like to purchase. This is the direct result of customer’ feedback.
- As from June onwards, we will be attending various high profile craft fairs and the details can be found on our website if you wish to come along to see us there.
Summer sizzling offer
In the month of May to 17th June, the Unscented 2 in 1 facial cleanser/make-up remover, Jojoba oil hair serum and Unscented exfoliating face mask with anti-aging properties will be discounted by a massive 35%. For existing customers, the discount will be 50% off the original price, as you can still use your discount code!!! This unmissable offer is subject to availability, so please hurry to place your order to avoid disappointments.
Finally, make sure you get your sun cream and after sun lotion before leaving for your holiday. The 3 in 1 face, hands and body lotion can be used as an After-Sun lotion as it has soothing and calming as well as moisturising properties.
Have fun and more news for you in the next newsletter.
Newsletter Issue 1
Happy New Year!
We hope you all had a lovely Christmas holiday.
This is our first newsletter and we have lots of news for you.
- Big January Sale – This is still on until mid-day 22nd Selected candles are discounted by a massive 50% off and everything else is discounted by a fabulous 25%. This includes the workshops and gift cards.
- We launched the 3 in 1 shampoo/shower gel/foam bath in Apple fragrance a week ago. This shampoo is particularly suitable for people with combination and oily hair, as it doesn’t have moisturising properties like the ultra-mild 2 in 1 shampoo. However, it does have the much needed conditioning properties for your hair.
- Valentine’s Day is only weeks away, and we have specially created two products to celebrate this romantic occasion. The first one is the “True Love” candle presented in a red heart shaped tin. The other one is the “My Heart, Your Home” soap in English Rose fragrance; it’s stunningly beautiful and smells amazing. You can find these products under the Gifts section.
- Giveaway competition – If you like the giveaway post, your name will be entered into the draw to win two places in the candle making workshop. The closing date is 23rd For more information, please go to our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/YNNY.UK
- Bath bomb making workshop is scheduled for the morning of 6th February (Saturday). Please book quickly to avoid any disappointment as places are limited.
- Candle making workshop is scheduled for the morning of 20th February (Saturday). This workshop has limited places left now.
- Soap making workshop is scheduled for the morning of 27th February (Saturday). Bookings for these workshops are via our website, ynny.co.uk under the Workshop section.
- We will be launching the sandalwood face mask for people with combination and oily skin types in the next few weeks. In fact, we will be launching a range of products for this group of people by popular demand. Our Lavender floral cleanser/toner has been selling very well among this group of customers since it was launched a few months ago.
- After that, we will be launching a range of products for teenagers as requested by our customers.
- For the second time, our products have been reviewed by the national magazine, Veganlife. We are absolutely thrilled that Veganlife magazine is so positive about our products. The products reviewed are Revive Hair Serum and Ultra-mild 2 in 1 shampoo.
- New candle - we will be creating a Cherry fragrance soy wax candle in the next few months to compliment the extensive range we already have.
- We will finalise the events that we will be attending for the year within the next few weeks. Please drop by to see us in any of the events listed under the Events section.
Finally, if you have any queries concerning our products and its suitability for your skin type, please do not hesitate to drop us an email at email@example.com